Liverpool have rejected a £150m offer for Mohamed Salah from Saudi Pro League side Al-Ittihad.
The bid for the 31-year-old forward was for in excess of £100m, with add-ons taking it up to £150m.
Liverpool remained insistent that the Egyptian international was not for sale, and that was final as far as the club was concerned.
Salah, who joined the Reds from Italian side Roma in 2017, signed a new three-year contract last summer.
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp said last week that Salah was “100% committed” to the Anfield cause, and on Friday, he reiterated the club’s stance that the player was not for sale.
“The position remains the same. Absolutely no doubt about that. That’s how it is. Nothing else to say,” said Klopp.
Liverpool would have little time to react to Salah’s potential departure, with the transfer window closing at 23:00 BST on Friday for incoming deals involving Premier League teams.
However, Al-Ittihad will still be able to sign players as the Saudi Pro League transfer window is set to close on September 7.